Friday 12 February 2010

Be My Valentine

imageimageValentine’s Day. What did it mean when we were kids? Not a lot as far as I remember, certainly nothing like the commercial big business it is today.

I fell in love very young – about 4 I think I was when asked to say who I loved by Shirley Hewitt.

me bike

Clive Williams, I said, I love Clive. That was a sign of things to come – I always went for the older boys.

Clive had red hair and freckles and if he ever reads this I guess he will be a bit embarrassed. Can’t help that – he was so cute.

image

I had to search hard to find a photo of him. Here we are at a birthday party with Mrs Williams in the background and Mary behind me.

Sadly, he never fancied me – Carol Richards was so much prettier.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?