Friday 19 November 2010

IT’S A SMALL WORLD

We currently have our friends Lynne & Barry staying with us in between their trips aboard and yesterday I mentioned Ilminster.  They attended the funeral of Barry’s cousin’s father in law on Monday and and I was told he came from Ilminster.

Apparently it was Reg Forbes – brother of Irene Forbes,  who was in his eighties.

shirley Irene & margaret

Irene is sitting in the middle between Shirley Hewitt on the left and Margaret Mason on the right.

I don’t remember him as Irene is about 10 years older than me and he would have been 10 years older than her but some of you may remember him.

Sad that another Summervalian has gone to join so many others but what a legacy these people have left us.

STC really was a family affair – Irene’s father, her brother and herself all worked there and I believe Reg’s son Stuart and his son Christian continued the family tradition.

I also bumped into Jessie Satchell in town looking amazing as always.

Here is a photo of Jessie -“Digging for Britain!”

jessie garden

Her grand daughter Dani came over recently from New Zealand to get married

jessand dani 1

and I believe Tony is in the UK until January.

Bun bobbing

If you read this Tony, it would be great to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?