A few more summertime memories to add to those you highlighted:
* Playing doctors and nurses in our tents WHO WITH???
* Roast lamb, homemade mint sauce and new potatoes on Sundays
* Holding buttercups under our chins to see if we liked butter or not
* Staying out late in the Rec on those long summer evenings
* Watching the girls make daisy chains (the boys weren't very good at it!)
* Sand in our sandwiches at the beach. Ugh!
* Playing forfeits - could get quite risky!
* noting down car registration numbers in the High Street AND KIDS TODAY GET BORED! WE USED TO DO THAT FOR HOURS!
* picnics on Herne Hill with my brothers, Mum and "Auntie Jackie" (really a friend of Mum's)
* trying to cross the High Street on a Saturday with the endless traffic on its way to the West Country (in the days before motorways and by-passes!)
* watching county cricket at Taunton
* making dens up Herne Hill I CAN STILL SMELL THE BRACKEN
Has anyone else got some more?
THANKS FOR TAKING ME BACK PETER