Monday 7 November 2011

Email from Graham Whiting

Hi Jean
I trust you are well? You asked if we were still in Torbay,Were
not, Carol moved initially to Isleworth then finally to Peterborough. I've told
her that I have made contact with you and when she gets herself sorted out she
will contact you.The problem is she recently moved and everything is all over
the place. I am living in Norfolk after moving first from Torbay and then to
London and finally to Kings Lynn.Ive been here over thirty years.I am still
working which is not necessarily a good thing but, I cant afford not at the
moment.Our parents eventually moved to Kings Lynn and both passed away here.I
was looking at the photos on your blog and can recognise Alan Dixon,David
Chambers and Barry Symons. I didn't really know the Westmacotts in Summervale. I
got to know them more in Foxhole Estate.When one of the boys(I cant remember
which) complained about my music being to loud.( I thought every one liked
Buddy Holly and Eddie Cochran)
I was in Ilminster just a few weeks ago and had a wander around. Found
Summerlands as it is now called (The hill down to the prefabs didn't seem so
steep as when I was young)I got extremely nostalgic. Which is why I ended up
discovering your blog.I don't know what is that time in my life was very magical.
Silly Old Sod.I was very surprised to see photos of ourselves and others.Carol
and myself weren't around a lot during those days it seemed.Because when we were
six years of age they diagnosed that we were TB contacts and were sent off to
a Sanatorium for a year.Then we moved to Blackdown view. But I managed to keep
in contact with my friends i.e Malcolm Driver, Michael Jolly etc but I can
still remember things like the Coronation Celebrations,I think also we had the
BBC visit us in the rec. when Donald Gray was an announcer / commentator.(If
you remember he had only one arm)I have photos of both of those occasions
which I will copy to you. (Well I would if my scanner would do as it is told
so they may arrive later on their own)I also remember the STC Christmas Parties
and the wonderful presents we received.
A lot of water has flowed under that bridge hasn't it. And I wonder just what
near seventy year olds would have to discuss.I suppose we have photographs to
jog our memories.But it does seem such a very long tome ago now. Anyway I will
close now. Apologies for not replying sooner.
Best wishes
Graham

HERE IS A PHOTO WITH GRAHAM AS THE ONLY BOY AND GUESS WHO IS CUDDLING HIM?

I KNOW, I STARTED EARLY. CAROL SITTING IN FRONT OF ME.

Another birthday party

THIS ONE HAS CAROL WITH HER CORONATION CROWN ON HER HEAD.

Bun bobbing

GRAHAM QUEUING FOR HIS CORONATION MUG.

Maggie Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?