Tuesday 7 August 2012

IS ANYONE THERE?

With so many people making it to the reunion I have been expecting lots of photos and letters especially as I was not there. Apart from a couple, no one has been in touch and I am just wondering if another meet, here in Torbay would be possible next year? The little feed back I have received was that those of you that made it did enjoy it and I am aware that many more might like a meeting nearer home.
Come on, please let me have your thoughts.
Peter Westmacott promises to do a write up of the reunion but I would like to hear from others as well. Were you surprised at recognising people after 50+ years?
Who had changed the most? Who still looked incredibly glamorous? Which of the men still caused a little heart flutter? What did you think of modern Ilminster? Did you stay over night ? Where did you go? Did you meet up with old school friends? Have you exchanged addresses and phone numbers?

If this blog is to continue I could do with a little help from you all. It doesn't take too long to drop me an email and send some photos. Let us keep it going. PLEASE.
In the meantime, as I was unable to attend I thought I should post a photo of me so that you might recognise me at some future date.
That is me on the left. The handsome man is my Mike.
This was taken back in May whilst visiting a bar in the old town square of Benalmadina. If you go to the Costa Del Sol do visit the old town high on the hill. So much nicer than the Marina where most people go.
Here is a pretty little white washed church shaded all around with pine trees Far from the Madding Crowd.

JJ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?