Monday 13 August 2012

Well Done Gloria!

When a padded envelope arrived this morning I thought my prayers had been answered and I was not disappointed.

A long letter From Gloria with a CD of photos from the reunion.

Before I post the photos Gloria mentioned the Noads. I remember them well as they moved into the bungalow next to us when the Durhams moved out.

Victor went to the boys grammar and Pam went to the girl’s grammar. We used to play tennis together despite some age difference.

I think Victor moved away although he kept in contact with my Dad for a bit. Pam used to live in Paignton  but I have not seen her for many years. Pretty sure she married someone from STC but not certain.

Back to the Photos.

Gloria has painstakingly named those she can remember but you know who you are so, sit back and indulge in some harmless nostalgia. After all, the Olympics have finished. What else to do?

JJ

007

009

010

011

012

013

014

015

016

018

Brenda & Norma Sinpson

024

042

June & Joan Wakeham

The Brown Family

Thank you Gloria, I have loved looking at these and reminiscing.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?