Monday 2 July 2012

Hello all Summervalians


Well what a marvellous, memorable day it turned out to be!  I shall treasure it always. Nearly 80 of us present, a lovely atmosphere, lots of squeals of delight and amazement, and plenty of reminiscing!I don't think we could have beaten it for quality.  So well done everyone!
My heartfelt thanks to you all for making the effort to come and support this special day.
Since arriving home in Suffolk I have had 12 e-mails and 5 phone calls from you, all praising the day and telling me how much you enjoyed it.  It was very heartwarming  and encouraging to read and hear your comments, so thank you all.
I was very sad, and I know you were too, that Jean was unable to be with us on the great day.  She had put a lot of time and effort into promoting the reunion and was looking forward to it immensely.  Then not to be able to come must have been heartbreaking for her.  Thanks anyway, Jean, for tremendous efforts on our behalf.  Perhaps you will be able to make the next one, whenever that is!
Special thanks to Maggie Smith (Mike's wife), Beryl Westmacott (David's wife) and to Glenys (my wife) for all the hard background work they put in for us on the day.  Well done girls!
Keep sending in your photos, reminiscences and comments on the reunion to Jean.   She is looking forward to hearing from you all.
Best Wishes
Peter Westmacott (the boy from no.10)
P.S.   This is not the "official history" of the reunion that Mike Smith has directed me to produce.   That will come soon when I have had time to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?