Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Wakeham Family

Much loved by many of us.

Mum Rose with a wonderful sense of humour, Bill the quiet one in a house full off women.

June, the eldest who had beautiful long hair often worn in a plait.

Joan, younger than me but one of my closest friends and so much taller than me. I was so jealous.

Cindy, I did not know so well or the baby Lesley but all very pretty girls.

Here are some photos sent to me by Joan

EPSON MFP image

Pat Laughton, Carol Richards and Joan.

EPSON MFP image

Yes, we really did have tin baths ………… for the garden! In front with Joan is her cousin Elaine

and a little Wakeham in the middle I assume. Always remember the lovely roses in their garden.

EPSON MFP image

Joan receiving a prize from the Carnival queen.

EPSON MFP image

June and Joan, with ringlets, Margaret Mason on the right and Peter Plumridge at the back on the left.

EPSON MFP image

Guess the pantomime? June with the pigtails, can you recognise anyone else?

EPSON MFP image

Joan is recognisable, she is the tallest and the little one first left was called Cousens I think. Help me out with these please.

EPSON MFP image

Do you remember Tony White and his wife who owned the shop at the top of the hill, on the main road. Aptly called WHITES I think.

I was asked to do the Christmas Draw one year but after pulling out several tickets with the name “Boyce” on them, I was relieved of my duties.

 

 

Here is a photo of the Dads at an STC do. See below for a closer look.

image

I RECOGNISE LOADS OF FACES BUT CAN ONLY REMEMBER A FEW NAMES.

EPSON MFP image

EPSON MFP image

THANKS TO JOAN FORALL THE ABOVE.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?