Wednesday 19 August 2009

MARION BROWN

I received an email from Marion this morning giving me loads more names and correcting others. I have updated the list which must be virtually complete now – shouldn’t it?

Marion still lives locally as does Irene and ………………… her Dad George is still in Spencer Road!

I can only find this photo of George taken of the Dads at the Coronation Party.

I have enlarged George along with Mr. Duke.george brown

 

 

 

 

 

 

Carol lives in Somerset and Joan in Ireland -

Here is a lovely photo taken by Ron Dixon of the four girls, plus Gloria, waiting to go on the annual Methodist coach trip to the seaside.

Umm, perhaps not, bit overdressed for a visit to the seaside - we had a summer in those days. So, where were they off to I wonder.

The Browns

I must include a photo of Lil Brown – such a lovely lady who spent a great deal of her time helping others via the RED CROSS.image

Just coincidence that My Mum is on the left  & Elsie Chambers on the right in the foreground.

If my map is numbered correctly, the Browns lived at number - 38. Correct me if I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?