Saturday 15 August 2009

NOSTALGIAD OUT!

I just had a visit from John Satchell & his Mum and they have given me loads more names to add to the list.



For those who remember Jessie she looks absolutely amazing and although I know her age she would kill me if I told you. However, John is 65, the same as me, so you can guess she is running out of eights!



She still has her platinum blonde hair, beautifully coiffured, and full makeup with pretty pink nails. Here she is with her grand daughter Dani ( Tony's daughter).




Here she is doing her bit for Dig For Britain


jessie garden


She also appears to have total recall and remembered many people I had forgotten. John has obviously inherited this streak as he came up with several names too. I will add them all in a moment.


John now lives in London with his lovely wife Sue and Tony lives in New Zealand.


stan and mum


Here are Jessie, John & Tony with Stan Kearney, his daughter Maureen (on the right)June & Joan Wakeham on the left..


And Jack Satchell with his boys circa 1950

The Satchell family have a special place in my heart as I travelled down to Paignton with them on 27th March 1957 in Jack Satchell’s car. Going up Telegraph Hill was a real challenge. Fifty two years have just passed in a flash.








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?