Tuesday 26 July 2011

Please leave your name in your comments and sign the guest book

I have just received the following comment in reply to Peter Westmacott’s post on 31st January 2011.
 
Anonymous said...

How lovely to read your story about Bradburn's newsagents. That yorkshire man was actually my grandather. I wonder if you remember his shop assistant Miss Denman? I also have fond memories of visiting the butchers with my grandma but the name of the shop escapes me.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It would be lovely to know who left this and if he/she had any other memories to share. Anyone remember Miss Denman – is there a story there I wonder?

P.S.The butchers shop my Mum used was Brittons – opposite the Dolphin pub.

1 comment:

  1. Re my comment left on Tues July 26th.
    Hi! My name is Susan Dooney (nee Loxham) and as I said previously Eddie and Alice Bradburn were my Grandparents from my mothers side (Brenda Loxham nee Bradburn). I now live in St Annes Lancashire but as a very young child my family and I lived in a cottage on a farm in Whitelackington. I seem to remember that we collected our milk from the farmer in churns while it was still warm. I went to school in Ilminster although I am unable to recall it's name. My mum would frequently walk me to school across the fields from Whitelackington. I also have a vivid memory of a farriers on the roadside in Whitelackington. Ilminster carnival time also sticks in my memory and if I remember rightly it was a big occasion.
    I came across this blog quite by chance. I had been using google maps to see what the streets around Ilminster looked like now. I was unsure of the name of the street that my grandad's newsagents stood on. I typed newsagent's in Ilminster and couldn't quite believe it when reading Peter Westmacottt's entry.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?