Tuesday 6 September 2011

THE MAGIC OF TECHNOLOGY!

I recently trawled through Facebook entering various names of old Summervaleans. Found one familiar name and sent this message -

Are you the son of the late Eddy Vane who worked for STC in Paignton. If so, my name is Jean Boyce and I have a blog dedicated to Summervale and Ilminster. Please get in touch.
Jean

AND this morning I received this reply -

Hi Jean, Yes my father was Eddie,as you probably know he died nearly a year ago.The whole family inc.his great grandson were due to visit on his 95 birthday.Sadly he passed away a week before, we were all very sad he did not see his great grandson.I did hear there was a blog but at the time I could not bring myself to visit it, but as they say time is a good healer.Barry

Another to add to my list – how exciting

BARRY,

Yes, I received a letter from Gloria Dixon telling me about your Dad. Of course most of our parents have passed on but Mrs Satchell and George Brown are still here.

Just for you, here is a lovely photo of you aged about two? I hope you like it, will read the blog and perhaps contribute to some of the wonderful memories we all have. As you are much younger than me – I’m now 67, you will probably have some very different memories of Summervale.

barry vane & mum

If you have any old photos I would love to see them.

Jean

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?