Tuesday 6 September 2011

A New(ish) Ilminster website

I came across this website a few weeks ago -

http://www.dot-the-eye.com/Ilminster/New/(S(1bhd1ezq1yw5qmjq2qf2apum))/Default.aspx?Page=MainPage&LHS=1&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

And I sent them an email asking if they would put a link on their site to our Summervale Blog.Under the Community heading they have a history section and I felt that we could add some interesting photos and stories to that.

They have agreed in principle to us interacting and I sent this email today -

I'm not sure how this will work with your website. Perhaps you could put a section under Community Groups headed - Post War Memories. I could then write a piece introducing my blog and including the link so that anyone interested could see the blog. They could then contact me direct.

I suggest that you and your committee could look at the blog -

http://summervale1944.blogspot.com/

so that you can see all the photos and read the memories of those who lived in Ilminster after the war and still call it " home".

Jean

In the meantime they sent me 2 great photos -

The Bike Boys

Bikes

Allan Dixon and Peter Westmacott on the right & possibly David Chambers?

Bikes

?? Michael Jolly, David Westmacott?

Bikes

No idea! Help.

Bikes

Note – there is a CAR outside Mike Smith’s bungalow – A rare occurrence.

Bikes

Mrs Newlyn’s Scouts? ( She is at the back on the left).

carnival

I am assuming they are scouts as I don’t recognise anyone except Clive Williams – the love of my young life -

carnival

Clive in the middle in white.

Who are the others? Apparently this photo came from the Bristol Evening News.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?