Saturday 16 January 2010

Were we ever that young?

image

I was just remembering that it is Carol’s birthday on January 18th and I decided to look through the old photos to see what I could find. Not many of her but I came across a photo of our brownie pack -

Brownies 1952

And this one -

Swearing In

And another

 The Brownies

Lots of old familiar faces – how many can you name?

Umm, Brownies, can’t say I remember very much and I never went on to be a guide, far too rebellious.

There was a toadstool which you can see above but what was it’s significance? I guess we all danced round it at times the thought of which, 58 years later, has made me chuckle.

We were divided into different groups I think; pixies, elves and fairies? Am I right?

I do remember going into the Baker’s in Ditton Street on the way home and getting a hardbake which nearly broke your teeth. I assume they were rolls which had been left too long in the oven – were they?

come on girls, remind me what badges we got and why? Name some names and let me have your memories of Brownies.

blinkie28

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?