Saturday 30 June 2012

Email from Mike Smith

Hi Jean,

Just 3 of the many photo’s taken you should receive soon hopefully at the Shrub yesterday for you to collate.

Photo 1

Photo0787

I don’t recognise anyone in this group but understand they all went to Ditton Street School but did not necessarily live in Summervale. There is one person I should know – Mary Williams hiding at the back and Derek Drayton in front of her in the white shirt..

Photo0787

Photo 2

Photo0788

I certainly recognised this gentleman – sat right in the middle is George Brown who doesn’t look any different but I am told he is 94! I think that is Gloria Dixon on the right wearing a blue cardigan.

Photo0788

Photo0788

HERE COME THE BOYS!

Photo0789

Left to Right

Allen Dixon

Mike Smith

Peter Westmacott

Mick Jolly

Bob Chambers ( hiding)

Clive Williams

David Westmacott.

Funny how I still think of them all in short trousers.

AND HOW THEY WERE!

image

With apologies to all especially Mike Smith As I struggled to find a photo of him.

Peter is going to do a formal report of the day to make it one for history. Being a formal teacher on the subject, it should be a good one !!!!.

Take care,

Mike Smith

PS, the guy on the right in the third photo is Peter’s brother David. He was one of our stars of the show !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any knowledge of Summervale in Ilminster please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.
Where it says - COMMENT AS - open the drop down menu & select anonymous if you don't have a google account.
Then DOUBLE click on post comment.You may be asked to copy a word thingy & then it comes to me for approval before it is posted on the site.
If you post anonymously PLEASE make sure you put your name in the comment so that I konw who it is.
Who will be first?